The Site is operated by “Smart Digital Group Pty Ltd” (hereinafter referred to as “Company” or “we”), a registered Australian Company Number, whose company number is 611 319 647.
To use this site you must be over eighteen years old. Where a member is found to be under eighteen years old we will cancel/delete the membership without notice. By using this site you warrant:
- That you are at least 18-years old.
- That you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into any agreement(s) within the site, and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this agreement.
- That you will not provide access to anyone under 18-years old, intentionally or through negligence.
- Private data: You acknowledge that employees and contractors of the Company will have access to data and images contained in your profile that are not accessible by other members.
- Public Data: You acknowledge that by using the site that any data visible (not restricted to a member only area) on the site to another member or general public is searchable by the search engines and your details may be found by someone using a search engine.
Information We Collect
Three types of information are collected:
- Personal, or "individually identifiable," information you provide to us; and
- Standard web server/visitor traffic information, commonly referred to as "aggregate information," regarding overall website traffic patterns. Normally, web servers collect this type of basic information as part of their web log processes. We only use this information for statistical, reporting and website administration and maintenance purposes. It is not used in a way that individually identifies you.
- Your IP address is stored in our user registration databases when you register, subscribe or login. It is used to prevent fraud or any kind of malicious activity.
Collection and use of Personal Data
The Company does not collect or record personal information, other than the information you choose to provide through the online forms on this website.
If you do submit online forms containing personal information, we will use that information to respond to your message, for email marketing (covered below) and for any membership services covered by this site. The main purpose of collecting and using personal information submitted through our site is to create a membership area that allows for members to connect. The information gathered will only be used to complete your request unless specifically stated on a particular form.
Information provided by you will be handled in accordance with Australian Privacy Laws. We maintain strict privacy standards and procedures with a view to preventing unauthorised access to your data by anyone other than the Company.
Email addresses and any other contact details you provide may be used for email marketing. We use a 3rd party application for email marketing and any email marketing we send includes a simple opt option to no longer receive direct marketing communications or change communication preferences.
Third Party Information
We will not disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent, unless we are required or authorised to do so by law or other regulation. In the unlikely event of an investigation into suspected unlawful or improper activity, a law enforcement agency or government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect the web server's records (e.g. in relation to hacking, fraud or abusive messages).
Cookies & Google Analytics
For our members, cookies are also used within the login area to store session information.
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user's computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. This allows the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user, or the page itself can contain some script which is aware of the data in the cookie and so is able to carry information from one visit to the website (or related site) to the next.
Your use of members' information
You may not use another members' information, whether public or private, for any commercial purposes, to spam, identity theft, to harass, or to make unlawful threats. We reserve the right to terminate any who misuse other members' information or who otherwise violate any user agreements, policies, or rules governing the use of the Site without notice.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other members. Where a dispute arises with another member from use of this site, you are solely responsible for dealing with this dispute, and you release us, including our directors, agents, employees and contractors, from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
Security of your Personal Data
The transfer of information across any medium may involve a degree of risk, and the Internet is no different. However the protection of personal privacy is a priority of the Company. We use a range of technologies and internal policies to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of information, we secure sensitive data by: including firewalls, access controls, restrictions and appropriate physical, electronic, internal processes and management processes and procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and offline. For sensitive information and documentation this is held and accessible by relevant personnel only. This helps ensure that your data is secured not only from access and visibility but also from unauthorised alteration or erasure.
This website does not provide facilities that guarantee secure transmission of information over the internet. You should be aware that there are risks in transmitting information across the internet, including online forms and email.
You have the right to access personal data that is held about you. To obtain a copy of your personal information we hold, please use the online contact form on that contact page and we will attempt to provide this to you within a reasonable timeframe after we have verified your identity.
There are exceptions to providing access to this information:
- The Company has reason to believe the person requesting is the information is fraudulently posing as the person the information is about
- The Company reasonably believe that giving access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety; or
- giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals; or
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between the Company and the individual, and would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings; or
- giving access would reveal the intentions of The Company in relation to negotiations with the individual in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations; or
- giving access would be unlawful; or
- denying access is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order; or
- both of the following apply:
- The Company has reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to the Company's functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in;
- giving access would be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the matter; or
- giving access would be likely to prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body; or
- giving access would reveal evaluative information generated within The Company in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process.
- Whether online or offline, we and our directors, agents, employees and contractors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on the Site, whether caused by users, members or by any of the development associated with or utilised in the site, nor for the conduct of any user and/or member.
- We assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, delay in service or communications failure, theft, or unauthorised access/use, or alteration of, user and/or member communications.
- We will be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone's use of the Site or the service and/or any content posted on the site or transmitted to members. Any tips or advice provided on the site is general in nature and should not be followed without independent advice.
- It is your responsibility to review these terms on our site from time to time for such changes.
- Changes posted on this page will be effective from the date of posting.